Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fleet Foxes/La Blogotheque



Fleet Foxes is another seasonal band that I can't get enough of. A friend introduced me to them a few years back, and before I had the chance to listen, my dad recommended I listen to them as well. The AV Club pegged their genre best by coining the term "Wilderness Rock". With intricate and beautiful harmonies, haunting vocals, and pure talent, Fleet Foxes has found a way to stand on their own. Take a listen, and I challenge you to find a band that compares.
[MP3] White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes
[MP3] Mykonos - Fleet Foxes

Another one of my favorite music blogs is La Blogotheque. The only problem? It's all in French. If you, like me, can't understand a word on this website, please do not give up. I promise that, if you spend just a few minutes looking, you'll find some absolutely incredible videos, much like this one. If you don't have seven minutes, skip to 2:30 for "Blue Ridge Mountains", a personal Fleet Foxes favorite.

Fleet Foxes - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.


Official Website
Myspace

1 comment:

  1. straight up wilderness rock

    timely as well

    their music goes well with winter

    ReplyDelete