Sunday, September 19, 2010

Matt White


This past summer I interned at Warner Music Group, at an indie singer-songwriter label called Rykodisc Records. I was the Tour Marketing and Publicity intern, and it was really the experience of a lifetime. It was a laid back atmosphere where it was always Casual Friday, and blasting music as loud as possible was strongly encouraged. This summer, I was definitely living the dream.

Last week, one of our artists, Matt White, released his newest album, "It's the Good Crazy". White used to be on Geffen Records (you would probably recognize his song, "Love"), and was dropped not long ago. It was obviously devastating for him, which he openly admits in interviews, but he's found a great home at Ryko. "It's the Good Crazy" is what Matt considers his debut album, as he finally gets to showcase his piano skills, killer vocals, and witty lyrics. This isn't typically the kind of album you'll find popping up in this blog, but hey! I'm a proud mama. And truthfully, even though I left pop music behind long ago, I secretly rocked out to this record every day at work.

And The Beat Goes On - Matt White
Sunshine - Matt White
"Falling in Love (With My Best Friend)"

No comments:

Post a Comment