Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Morning Benders


As the end of the summer draws near and the fall semester is in full swing, I find myself holding onto summer for dear life. To me, there is nothing more depressing than leaving a summer full of bumming and beaching for a fall, quickly-turned winter, at Lehigh full of snow fall and Fairmart. The Morning Benders, an indie band from Cali, helps slow down the transition. I found this cover they did of "Lovefool" by the Cardigans back in March, and for me, it's been summer ever since.

A lot of bands attempt to reincarnate the summertime fun that bands like The Beach Boys once perfected, but The Morning Benders put a modern twist on surf rock with great harmonies and all around fun melodies. Check out some tunes from their latest album, "Big Echo", and just try not to dance.
Excuses - The Morning Benders
Cold War - The Morning Benders

No comments:

Post a Comment