Monday, January 3, 2011

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros



My friend Vicky has been raving about Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros for quite some time, and I only recently bought one of their albums. A few months ago I wrote about their music video for "Home", which I loved. Now that I have heard the rest of their self-titled album, there is so much more to love. Their folk alt-indie vibe often makes you feel as if you're back in the 60s, and there are so many elements you don't know where they are all coming from. Their music is beautifully complex and unpredictable, and will leave you wanting more.
[MP3] 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
[MP3] Come In Please - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Check out their NPR Tiny Desk video, where they perform "Janglin'", "Home", and "40 Day Dream".

Official Website
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment