Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beach House


These last couple of weeks have been crazy. Between a paid blogging position, an admissions blogging internship for Lehigh University, and two jobs so that I can travel while abroad next semester, I am left with very little time to myself. Fortunately, Beach House's Teen Dream has been there to help me through it all. An album that graced almost every top 2010 list, Teen Dream is an easy, relaxing listen that can make a stressful time peaceful.

With sultry melodies that seem to glide over harmonies, synth and simple guitar, Teen Dream is completely cohesive. This duo from Baltimore have created an album in which each song flows perfectly into the next, which is part of what makes it so great. So it may not be "beach" music, a la Vampire Weekend or The Morning Benders, but sometimes this is so much better.

The MP3 links I provided have been removed due to copyright infringement, so you're just going to have to take my word on it. Songs like "Zebra" and "Norway" are must-listens. From Pitchfork.tv, here's "Walk in the Park", another Beach House gem.

Official Website
Myspace

1 comment: